Translated, the Indian legend Noh Quagquit Woh Ogketam, shown in the Amagansett Free Library’s bookplate, means ‘He Who Runs May Read’. The bookplate was designed and donated to the library by Edward E. Barlett.
The mission of the Amagansett Free Library is to provide quality materials and services which serve the educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful.
The Library provides current materials of high interest in a variety of formats for all members of our diverse community. The Library provides timely, accurate information and reference service employing a highly qualified staff who provide the link between library materials and users in a congenial and professional manner.
The Library supports the education and research goals of the community. The Library encourages young children to develop a love of reading, learning and libraries by providing materials and programs for children, as well as for their parents and caregivers. Serving as a community and cultural center it is grounded in a responsibility to offer free library service, a responsiveness to the community, and the utilization of modern technology.
- Marc Donnenfeld, President, Term Expires March 2019
- Calandra Sheen, Vice President, Term Expires March 2021
- Dan Mongan, Treasurer, Term Expires March 2020
- Shari Thompson, Secretary, Term Expires March 2021
- Rachel Gruzen, Term Expires March 2021
- Brock Lownes, Term Expires March 2021
- Lynne Weinlandt, Term Expires March 2020
- Director: Cynthia Young, email@example.com
- Assistant Director & Head of Reference: Anne Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Circulation, Corinne Page, email@example.com
- Archivist, Jacqueline Marks, firstname.lastname@example.org